This past winter I was asked to take part in the Fuse Protection Heads Up Helmet Show and obviously jumped at the opportunity. There was really no theme or rules so I took this chance to really dive in head on and just start masking and painting without any real plan. For me, this really was just about experimenting and the process that goes into painting. The end result was Jungle Boy - A helmet scheme inspired by the lettering and numerals of classic moto buckets combined with the fresh look of contemporary patterning and layering.
Since acquiring my jeep in the spring of 2014, I've spent my fair share of nights in the back. While I've survived just fine, it was time to make some adjustments to the rig and get things a little more comfy back there. Some of my goals were to make sure that there were pass-throughs underneath for long items like fishing poles, hockey sticks etc and I didn't want to use the space on the floor behind the front seats. I've seen a lot of platform set-ups that support there but I like that real estate for stashing extra gear. I have a roof basket and a hitch mounted bike rack so it was okay if I ate up a little room inside if it meant catching a few extra z's. Lastly, it needed to at least fit a standard twin size mattress. I have to say, I'm quite pleased with how everything worked out.
I've had this set of antlers around for a couple years now and it was about time to get it up on the wall. I've done a handful of mounts before, but always with a store bought kit and I've never really loved the results. After doing a little bit of online research I dove straight in. Not going to lie, it was a bit tougher than I anticipated, but in the end, it was worth it.
This past spring I decided it was time for me to start a new project bike and ran across a KZ400 that I snagged for pretty cheap. It wasn't a ground up build but it was good for a quick project. It had "good bones" we'll say. I unfortunately didn't take any "before" photos but here's a look at the finished product.