This past spring I decided it was time for me to start a new project bike and ran across a KZ400 that I snagged for pretty cheap. It wasn't a ground up build but it was good for a quick project. It had "good bones" we'll say. I unfortunately didn't take any "before" photos but here's a look at the finished product.
As far as what I did, it was mostly cosmetic. I re-wrapped the seat with a new cover, swapped out the bars with a set of old moto bars I had in the garage, updated the mirrors, ditched the old tail light assembly for a nice new smaller one, put on a sportster tank, and repainted a bunch of parts navy blue and added some chrome vinyl to math the pristine chrome everywhere else on the bike. All in all I love the way it turned out and it makes a perfect breakfast cruiser.